Experience These Fantastic Things to Do in Wyoming!
Throughout the year Eatons’ Ranch hosts several special events, speciaty weeks, and special offers to bring guests great things to do in Wyoming. Check back often to see our latest offerings! We look forward to welcoming you to the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming and Eatons’ Ranch.
Specialty Weeks, Offerings & Events:
Each May, Eatons’ Horse Drive: The annual Eatons’ Horse Drive brings the horses and cowboys from nearby Eatons’ Ranch through the heart of Historic Downtown Sheridan in a unique spectacle that thrills thousands of spectators. Stake out a viewing spot and watch this beloved tradition usually held over Memorial Day weekend each year. This is a 3 day 100 mile trek from door to door. The horses will pass by the Sheridan Visitor Center, down 5th Street past the Historic Sheridan Inn, and out to Eatons’ Ranch.
June through September annually: Our regular dude ranch season! If you’re looking for some of the most authentic things to do in Wyoming, consider a dude ranch vacation! To make reservations at our family dude ranch, please contact us directly. The minimum stay at Eatons’ Family Dude Ranch throughout our summer season is 3 nights. Rates include meals, accommodations with full bath & maid service, use of a saddle horse, a cocktail hour from 5-6pm daily, and all general entertainment at the Ranch. Please note that horseback riding is the main activity during our shoulder seasons (early June, late August and September). There is no charge for meeting guests at the plane in Sheridan or taking them to the plane when they depart. Transportation from Billings is an additional charge. Individual rates vary according to cabin; see list of cabins and rates on our Reservations Page.
Each August, Bob Wulff Memorial Roping: August 2020 Date TBA – come out and watch a fantastic roping event here at the ranch! More info to follow.
August Staff Olympics: Each August we hold the Staff Olympics. This is something we started a few years ago and our staff and guests love it. The managers draw names to build their teams, then we have three days of events. We usually start with a obstacle course the first day, moving on to a watermelon eating contest and dodgeball. The third day is wild. We have another obstacle course set up with corn hold, wild pony ride, setting tables and finally the sack race. We pass the trophy down each year to the winning team. This is during first week in August every year, usually starting on the first Thursday. Guests enjoy watching the fun-filled competition. Congratulations to Team TJ, 2019 Staff Olympics Champions!
September 12–18, 2020 Clare O’Neill Encaustic Equine Workshop: The Photo Encaustic Equine Workshop includes 5 full days of photographing, editing and critiquing images, and then creating paintings using hot beeswax, pigments and oils – all at the base of the beautiful Bighorn Mountains at Eatons’ Ranch. Learn More: http://www.photoencaustic.com/photo-encaustic-equine-workshop/
September 19, 2020 The Wolf Creek Wrangle: an annual 5k, 10k, and Half marathon race held on the historic Eaton’s Ranch that directly supports the construction of Habitat for Humanity homes in the Eastern Bighorns. Check out our Wolf Creek Wrangle lodging special below! NOTE: Due to COVID-19 we are postponing the opening of registration for the 2020 Wolf Creek Wrangle, please stay tuned at runwolfcreekwrangle.com. Thank you for your patience, and check back for updated information!
- REGISTRATION DAY: September 18th, 2020: Pick up swag bag and bib. Purchase Raffle Tickets & apparel.
- RACE DAY: September 19th, 2020: Bib pick-up begins at 7:30am. Half marathon run starts at 8:00am. 10K run starts at 8:30am. 5K run starts at 9:00amBBQ begins at 11:00am
- FEES: 5k $45 | 10k $50 | Half Marathon $55 | Kids 12 & under $10 for ALL races | Virtual Runner/Hiker $45.
- MORE INFO: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are postponing the opening of registration for the 2020 Wolf Creek Wrangle. During this time we are gathering information from Search and Rescue, and Eatons’ Ranch to devise a plan on how to keep our runners, volunteers, and staff safe! Thank you for your patience, and check back for updated information: https://www.runwolfcreekwrangle.com/
- LODGING SPECIAL: Enter the Wrangle and stay a minimum of two-nights and receive a discounted rate of $200/person/night plus a 15% gratuity and 6% sales tax. Offer is valid between September 18th-20th. You must be entered in the Half Marathon or 10K to receive the discounted rate along with a $100/person/night deposit. Following the race on Saturday, there will be a hamburger and hot dog cookout at Howard Hall along with our local Blacktooth Beer on tap!